20 February, 2012

Fandi says no to FAS job offer as Temporary Assistant Coach




ESPN STAR.COM


Singapore's favourite footballing son Fandi Ahmad has turned down an offer from the Football Association of Singapore to work as an assistant coach with the national team.


Fandi was only recently hired by Malaysian Premier League outfit Johor earlier this month as a technical advisor.
However, the Singapore star, who 52 goals in 101 caps, has since revealed he had an opportunity to assist national team coach Raddy Avramovic for their final 2014 World Cup qualifier against Iraq - an offer which he turned down.
"The Football Association of Singapore had earlier offered me a role as assistant to national coach Radojko Avramovic for the final World Cup qualifying match against Iraq in Doha at the end of the month," Fandi told Singapore's TODAY newspaper.
"I promised to get back to them but now I realise it's just not possible to take up the offer.
"Doing so would mean I have to be away for at least 12 days from the day training starts and by the time I get back to Singapore after the match. Johor need me especially this period when I am still new to the team and they need all the help.
"I will tell coach Raddy of my decision. He is the first person I need to inform.
"I am not snubbing the FAS. Maybe another time."
The Lions will play a friendly against Azerbaijan on February 24, before they take on Iraq five days later.

3 comments:

  1. Fandi Is Friend Of Mine, I Know Him Very Well, He Is A Good And Experience Coach Than The Others,Why FAS Don't Give Fandi As A First Team Coach,For Me Singapore Team No Need Have A Foreigner Coach Singapore Team Need Fandi As A First Team Coach,Because He Got Experience And He Know To Build The Team To The Top Level In The Asia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even i'm not interested in soccer but mostly Fandi Ahmad most my admirer in Singapore.Honest,sincerely,responlity and trust . In life hard to find the person in 4 Words as i mention. We must believe urself and helping each other in what we afford too.

    ReplyDelete